With the Oughts (or Oh-Ohs) behind us, the UK’s Financial Times compiled Fifty Faces That Shaped The Decade. The list, described by FT as a “jumping-off point for debate” includes powerful men and women in politics, business, economics and culture from all over the world. Although I only knew half of them at first glance, I do have some thoughts on the whole thing:
- Jay-Z and Beyoncé should not count as one person.
- Americans dominate the list because of our innovations and screw-ups.
- The happiest person on the list is Hayao Miyazaki
- The grouchiest people on the list are all from China.
- I want Steve Jobs to live forever.
- That picture of Bush is hilarious (and completely on purpose).
Read through the comments and complaining below the list too. Interesting points and counterpoints.